Monday, July 27, 2015

Changes...

It's amazing how quickly your situation can change in the teaching profession! Just last weekend I thought I would have a 2/3 combo class. Last Monday afternoon I was told I would just have 2nd grade. When I got home Monday night I had a message requesting an interview for a position I applied for last month. The interview went well, and today I received confirmation that the paperwork for my transfer has been filed!

I am sad to say goodbye to my colleagues at my old school. I will really miss many of them, especially the 4th grade team.

But I am SUPER excited about my new position! I will be back in 4th grade next year, which thrills me! I will also have a shorter day again (my previous school went from 8 to 3:20), which means I'll have more time for planning/prep work and PDs. I will miss the extra money, but keeping my sanity will make up for it.

Bonus - one of the really exciting aspects of my new school is that it has a robotics club! Yes, that's right, an elementary school robotics club! I don't know about other districts/states, but that is really rare around here. My science and math loving self can't wait to offer to help with the robotics club!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment